The 2022 National Holidays begin, and it seems that the weather will give us a few days to enjoy the outdoors.
Here, I have my recommendations for these days. There are in Panama City, near the city and in the country side and of course, for all budgets.
1. Farallón Beach
For those who want a bit of beach, you can take a walk around Farallón Beach, in addition to eating deliciously, sunbathing and swimming on the beach, you can get to know Farallon Island, go up to it, and you can also take a tour to snorkel around the island.
2. Butterfly Haven of El Valle de Antón
This is a place for adults and children, of the butterfly havens I have visited, it is the one I like the most, you will surely love it. I recommend going when the sun is heavy, because that is when you see more butterflies.
Monday to Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays: 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
3. San Lorenzo Castle
It is a few know, located in Colón and for me, it is the fort that is best preserved. It is located within the San Lorenzo Protected Forest and Protected Landscape.
San Lorenzo Castle has been used many times over the years, including to protect the Panama Canal.
It is a very nice place with a beautiful view of the Caribbean, I recommend bringing something to eat and drink.
4. Mi Pueblito
This picturesque place in Panama City will be open for these days, there we can see a bit of our country side culture and Afro-Caribbean homes.
In addition, there are usually activities.
They will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (holiday hours).
See more of Mi Pueblito here.
5. India Dormida Hill
One of the best-known places in Panama is El Valle de Antón and the famous La India Dormida Hill, how about taking advantage of these days and climbing the hill? I recommend going very early (with a guide) to see the sunrise from the heights. You can take a breakfast and remember, do not leave anything on top, or on the way.
6. Paradisiacal beaches of Colón
Another beach option for this 2022 National Holidays, but this time in Colón, Huerta Beach, Blanca Beach or Puerto Francés Beach are some of the most beautiful beaches in the Panamanian Caribbean.
They are inside the Portobelo National Park, reservation is not required. You can bring something to eat (in my visits I have not seen anyone selling food on those beaches) or, at the end, go through Portobelo and try some of the delicious Caribbean dishes.
On these beaches, you can swim, snorkel, kayak, paddle. Its waters are transparent and very quiet.
7. Visit the 7 trails of the Metropolitan Park
Metropolitan Natural Park, located in Panama City, offers us 7 trails, some of low difficulty and others of medium / low. Even at the top of the hill, you have a 360º view of the entire city.
You can go with your family or friends, bring some snacks and enjoy a forest in the middle of the city.
7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Avices for your trips in 2022 National Holidays
- Bring your own food and drink, especially in remote places, they may not offer food or snacks for sale.
- If you do not want to bring food, you can choose to eat in a small restaurant (food joint type), they are usually very cheap and the food is very delicious.
- Avoid bringing a cooler, in some places they are prohibited and in others, they will charge you a high cost.
- Check if there is any offer of tours or tickets and verify that it really is an offer, read well the dates, hours and restrictions of the tour.
- Go with a guide on hills and trails, you will avoid getting lost.
- Don’t forget sunscreen, water, hat and sunglasses, and of course an umbrella or raincoat (just in case).
Other posts you may like
- 7 Places You Can Visit As a Family in El Valle de Antón
- Knowing the Little Beach of Chagres River
- Fascinating Agro Tourism in Colón
- 5 Family Trips in Panama City, For Less Than $20
- El Charco Trail, a small trail in Soberanía Park
- 30 Tips to Reduce the Ecological Footprint on Traveling